- Christmas is Coming! The PAC is looking for your donations of Silent Auction services and items – please canvas your friends and family for ideas and donations. Our Mystery Jar Raffle is always a bit hit – what can you think of that will fit into (onto or around) a jar? Send in your jar donations and they will be displayed in the trophy case until the raffle. We are also looking for baking donations for the bake sale at the Christmas Concert on December 12th.
- Kindergarten registration is off to a very quick start for 2014-2015! Registrations will be accepted at the school any time – the sooner the better – please bring your child’s birth certificate and care card. Children who will turn 5 in 2014 (born in 2009) are eligible to start Kindergarten next September.
- Report Cards – November is the time for caregivers, teachers and students to formally communicate about your child’s learning. You will notice a new ‘report card’ this term. You will notice:
- It reflects a move from having the focus on what students produce (product) to how students learn and what they have learned (process)
- There is an emphasis on self-regulation and learning competencies
- It continues to emphasize the importance of learning to read, to write and to be mathematically literate.
We are looking forward to your feedback regarding the new way to communicate on your child’s progress.
- Important Updates from the School Board Meeting – November 13, 2013